Welcome to an Awesome Life

If you love coffee and food, and appreciate dry humour and childish antics then we're off to a good start. If you are interested traveling, DIY, home remedies, and random nonsense to you I say: Welcome :-) And I suggest you start by reading About Me to see if you'll want to punch me or not before continuing. I hope you enjoy!

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Crayfish & Bucket Lists


My week has been amazing for far and it isn't even Friday yet.
So there. 

It all started with a cottage adventure on Monday night with a few good friends for a mini-birthday party. We wore flower leis, danced to 90's music, and drank a few too many. We made s'mores with giant marshmallows and Reese peanut butter cups, and lit a ridiculous amount of citronella candles to keep away the mosquitoes (it worked). Then things get a little fuzzy...

Lots and lots of fire oooooo

... I woke up the next morning, after having passed out (1st to pass out apparently) with my lei still around my neck and my drink beside me on the night stand. My big bottle of vodka was almost empty and there was a paper bag on a roosters head, which I'm certain ties in with the video that I discovered on my phone of one of my girlfriends leading a discussion on male-roosters and their human body-part name-sharers. I think it may have been a good night, judging by the aftermath.  Once everyone was up and moving, we went for breakfast and then for a drive to some waterfalls where we skipped rocks and played with crayfish.


Click on the picture to get a better view of "Pinchy"







 Back at the cottage, I found a chipmunk that I was determined to become friends with and tried to bribe him with peanuts. Chippies might actually be the cutest little creatures of life: 


GIMMETHENUTSWOMAN!!
Trying to lure him inside... shh!!



















Eventually we had to head back to reality, and when I arrived there, I found a message from an old friend that contained a ridiculous picture of me from back in the good ole sailing days. 


Me at 16, doing what I loved most :-
I really was innocent at one point in my life (although this picture probably does not represent such a time).





Since we were headed to Canada's Wonderland the next day, and Mike had to work in Barrie disgustingly early in the morning, we decided at the last minute to head up that way for the night. We didn't end up checking into the hotel until 11pm, but it was worth the extra sleep-time that I knew I was gunna need for dominating an amusement the following day. 





And dominate I did.

After Mike finished work, we checked out of the hotel and made our way to Wonderland to celebrate another birthday. Being mid-week during the school year, the park wasn't overly busy. The longest line that we waited in was 20 minutes, and that was for the brand new roller coaster Leviathan. We took advantage of the short lines and rode as many rides as we could, including a water-ride (which soaked us). And the best part of my day was when I got to cross something off my bucket list: I finally found enough people to tackle the Xtreme Skyflyer with me. It. Was. AWESOME. I'm officially going to take on as many of them as I can. And you should too!

Waiting in our "x-ray gear" to be hauled up 170ft and dropped to the ground at over 100kms/hr.


All in all, it was a busy and excellent few days, and the next few are sure to be just as good. 



Today, I am on a mission to find a fun DIY project to start.... any suggestions? 


No comments:

Post a Comment