Welcome to an Awesome Life

If you love coffee and food, and appreciate dry humour and childish antics then we're off to a good start. If you are interested traveling, DIY, home remedies, and random nonsense to you I say: Welcome :-) And I suggest you start by reading About Me to see if you'll want to punch me or not before continuing. I hope you enjoy!

Thursday, June 21, 2012

In a Nutshell

Well,  I haven't posted since Monday, but I've just been so busy... you know.... living my life and being all awesome and stuff. It's time consuming, just for the record. Anyway, if you'd like to see what I've been up to this week, read on:



1) I was reminded yesterday how much I love swimming. I spent some time swimming and floating my troubles away at a super-elite swimming hole, complete with waterfalls, "jacuzzis" and a lazy river. No, I'm not telling you where it is ;-) 

But I will give you a tiny peek. So pretty, no?
2) I'm actually kind of mad at the central air right now. I've been outside enjoying the heat for the last few days, feeling it go from sweltering to super-relaxing as the sun got lower in the sky, so the central air was a giant slap in the face when I got home from Paradise last night. So sue me.

3) I became friends with the chipmunk from last week. Now he needs a name other than "Chippy". Suggestions?

Great success!
Billy Goat chipmunk




















  


4) Discovered: great patio with amazing food, right downtown Campbellford. If you've never been to Capers, you HAVE to go. The first server who saw us was probably a witch or something because she was miserable and made no effort to hide it, basically calling us morons for wanting to sit on the patio in "this heat" and then ignored us when we sat outside anyway. However, our second server was amazing, so friendly and chatty and attentive despite being busy. I wish I got their names but I failed at that. First server = older curmudgeonly Mormon-looking woman, second server = young and bubbly and cute. That's all I've got, good luck. But seriously, don't let my witch-talk get in the way of your taste buds.

You. Must. Go. Here.

5) This summer, my mom and I are taking a road trip through the North-Eastern States. Major points on our route are: 
  • Burlington, VT
  • Portland (with a side-trip to Rockland), ME
  • Boston, MA 
  • NYC 
  • Possibly Watertown, NY at the end, if needed
After asking everyone for some tips on where to go and what to do in these cities, one of my friends (who lives in Maine) sent me THE greatest tour-guide email, full of great tips on where to eat and what to see and do while visiting her state.  Having locals give you their insider information is genius. Just sayin'. If her tips play out favourably, I will let you know!


6) When you light cattails on fire, they smoke. If you wave smokey cattails around while being assaulted by various asshole flies, said flies piss right off. Although, I don't recommend going and setting any fires just because I said something on fire was cool, because I'm not taking responsibility for anyone starting forest fires or some shit. 

Bye bye buggies




Yup, I think that's about the extent of my week. Until next time! 



No comments:

Post a Comment