Welcome to an Awesome Life

If you love coffee and food, and appreciate dry humour and childish antics then we're off to a good start. If you are interested traveling, DIY, home remedies, and random nonsense to you I say: Welcome :-) And I suggest you start by reading About Me to see if you'll want to punch me or not before continuing. I hope you enjoy!

Monday, June 18, 2012

Hello again, Monday!

Happy Monday! 

To save you from my usual babble, I will summarize my weekend with a short-but-awesome list of what my weekend looked like:



1) We went for a midnight stroll on Thursday night to grab some Whistle Stop dessert poutine. Yum.
Strawberry Dream Poutine

2) I was able to use up a few more of our absurd amount of too-ripe bananas by making these muffins. I used 1/2 cup of white sugar & 1/4 cup of brown sugar instead of the full 3/4 cups of white sugar, and I added about a teaspoon of vanilla to the banana mixture. Next time, I'd replace even more of the white sugar with brown (I'm a bit obsessed with brown sugar), but these were still very very delicious!
Mmm Banana Crumb Muffins

3) I spent Friday night having Vodka Friday with the girls, however I decided to drink pretty much everything BUT vodka, and ended up with a Hangover of Death all day Saturday. No, I do not have photographic evidence of this one.


4) Despite my liver trying to kill me all day Saturday, I was able to acquire two new pieces of art for our walls, created by the ridiculously talented Ashley Wilson.
So much going on in this one!
I have wanted this one since I first saw it. The colours!



















5) Hangover of Death finally (mostly) subsided by Saturday night, so we went to a late screening of the newest Happy Madison film, That's My Boy. As usual, Adam Sandler knows how to cause side-splitting laughter. Hilarious movie with a great cast, which happens to include Blair Waldorf Leighton Meester to help me out with summertime Gossip Girl withdraw...


6) I decided to have craft time, so I went on Pinterest and decided to make these Father's Day cards. Super-easy for anyone who may be craft-challenged!




Aaaaand that just about sums up my weekend. How was yours? What did you do to amuse yourself in this heat? 


No comments:

Post a Comment