Welcome to an Awesome Life

If you love coffee and food, and appreciate dry humour and childish antics then we're off to a good start. If you are interested traveling, DIY, home remedies, and random nonsense to you I say: Welcome :-) And I suggest you start by reading About Me to see if you'll want to punch me or not before continuing. I hope you enjoy!

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

I Don't Like You, Blog!


I need to remember to tell myself this when I start feeling overwhelmed.


I have been doing really great with trying out new recipes for delicious eats and tasty treats. I've been doing good with keeping productive while spending time with friends and family at the same time (holy sh*t, right?). I've even been picking up that evil DSLR more often than I would have before. Ladies and gentlemen, I have come quite a way from where I was when I first started this blog.

But I still have so much to improve on.

Honest. I should have at least a few blog entries full of getting-better-every-time photos that (*gasp!*) aren't from my iPhone. I should have at least a handful of (personally) well-documented recipes on here, whether they were winners or losers. I should be way more driven to take proper photos of and write about the things that I create. So what's my deal?

I don't like my blog. 

There. I said it. 
 
What I really mean is that I don't like the layout or the template of my blog. It's so boring. It doesn't inspire me to add to it or promote it. And that, in turn, sets the entire rest of my mission up for nothing but back-logged work and a sense of failure. You see, I get frustrated and overwhelmed easily. Far too easily. Over the years, I have formed the self-destructive ability to throw in the towel whenever most things get too scary or complicated or disorganized (I say most, because there have been some instances where I didn't give up so easily). I never used to be that way, and I don't like being that way now. And that's why I'm not going to give up.

No sir, not this girl. Not this time.

My first order of business is to find a template that works for me, something that makes me feel happy to know that I have an awesome, eye-catching blog. Second order of business is to read more of my camera guides. I really did learn a lot in just a few pages and have actually been applying what I learned. Now, I need to learn more. A lot more. Starting with lighting. There you have it, a plan. Right out there in the open, so no more excuses!


So start here and now!

No comments:

Post a Comment