Welcome to an Awesome Life

If you love coffee and food, and appreciate dry humour and childish antics then we're off to a good start. If you are interested traveling, DIY, home remedies, and random nonsense to you I say: Welcome :-) And I suggest you start by reading About Me to see if you'll want to punch me or not before continuing. I hope you enjoy!

Monday, November 12, 2012

Day 10: A Favourite Tradition

I'm not one for routine, but I do appreciate the importance of traditions. They give you something solid to look forward to, and who doesn't appreciate that? There are some things that happen daily, weekly, monthly or annually for myself. Whatever it is, big or small, it's a piece of happiness that I know I can count on no matter what else is happening in my life. 

In my personal opinion, the weekly traditions are the best. I feel like they keep me grounded more so than anything I could do daily (becomes habitual) or annually (headache-inducing deal once a year).

My (current) favourite weekday for traditions happens on Saturday, AKA 'Starbucks Saturday'. Aside from the obvious consumption of Starbucks, we also make sure to visit the year-round farmer's market to grab some pierogi and mini donuts, along with anything else we may need (we really do try to shop local!)

In the summertime, almost every Saturday night includes a wander downtown to the Little Lake MusicFest and ends with a bonfire, whether we are in the city or the country. Sadly, nothing much happens during the winters on a Saturday night. I think I will do something to change this fact! Friends? Ideas?

My latest Starbucks Saturday: Raspberry Java Chip Frappuccino. Just try it, once. Trust me. 


What's something you look forward to that helps bring you back to ?

No comments:

Post a Comment